Clark & Merrill Account Book, 1878-1882
Scope and Contents
Ledger of accounts for Clark and Merrill (Charles F. Clark and Charles Merrill), possibly a store or a lumber mill in Morrison, Colorado. Transactions dated 1878 to 1882. An article in the Golden Weekly Globe of July 13, 1878 states that "Mr. W.S. Smith has sold his store and goods to Messrs. Clark and Merrill. The village loses a good business man; the surrounding country a good postmaster and the lumber men a good buyer... Mr. C.F. Clark expects to be his successor as postmaster." No further information known.
- Existence: Transactions dated 1878-1882
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
0.27 Cubic Feet (1 Volume)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Found in Archives office with no documentation. Accession number assigned at processing.
- Account books Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Business enterprises -- Morrison (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clark & Merrill (Creator) -- Ledgers (account books)
- Clark, Charles F. (Creator)
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Merrill, Charles (Creator)
- Morrison (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sawmills -- Morrison (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description