Clear Creek Highway Association Meeting Minutes, 1937
Scope and Contents
Minutes of a meeting of the Clear Creek Highway Association held May 24, 1937. Discussed at the meeting was construction of a new super highway from North Denver to Idaho Springs and Central City, by way of Golden and Clear Creek Canyon. There is also a resolution passed by the North Denver Civic Association in favor of construction of the canyon highway. These documents were originally mailed to Jefferson County's Board of County Commissioners for their information.
- Record Keeping: 1937
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
Biographical / Historical
The Clear Creek Highway Association was organized for the purpose of securing a modern improved highway between Denver and Idaho Springs, and was composed of representatives of the North Denver Civic Association, Wheat Ridge, Edgewater, Arvada, Golden, Blackhawk, Central City and Idaho Springs. Construction of US Hwy 6 through Clear Creek Canyon began in the late 1930s and opened in 1952. Its path often ran on top of the old railroad grade of the Colorado Central Railroad.
0.10 Cubic Feet (One small collection envelope)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the Archives in 1998 by the Clerk and Recorder's Office in a large group of various types of records.
- Clear Creek Canyon (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clear Creek Highway Association -- Minutes
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Board of County Commissioners
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- North Denver Civic Association -- Resolutions (administrative records)
- Roads -- Design and construction -- Colorado Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States Highway 6 -- Colorado Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description