Colorado Safety Council Accident Reports, 1938-1939
Scope and Contents
Reports of automobile accident statistics prepared by George E. Saunders, Colorado Secretary of State and Chairman of the Colorado Safety Council, filed with the Jefferson County Clerk and Recorder's office. Reports list number of fatal accidents with number killed; number of injury accidents with number of persons injured; number of property damage only accidents; and total number of accidents. One report of January 1938 is for Jefferson County only. There are monthly reports for the entire state for January, November, and December 1938, and January 1939, and there is an annual report for the state for the year 1938. These reports often have a safety message or cartoon on them.
- Record Keeping: 1938-1939
- Saunders, George E. (Colorado Secretary of State) (Author, Person)
- Colorado. Safety Council (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
0.10 Cubic Feet (One small collection envelope)
Language of Materials
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Traffic accidents -- Colorado -- Jefferson County -- Statistics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Traffic accidents -- Colorado -- Statistics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Recording (Organization)
- Language of description
- Script of description