Road Book, circa 1882-1910
Scope and Contents
This large book of township plats, known as the "Road Book" by planners in the Planning and Zoning department, depicts roads hand-drawn in red with references to Road Book A and Board of County Commissioners' Minute Books, with page numbers and dates where action was taken. May also reference road peitions, measurements, mile markers and vacations. State and territorial roads, wagon roads, road names, towns and geographical features such as creeks, rivers and gulches are also shown. It is not known when this book was created, why it was created, how it was used, or who created it.
- circa 1882-circa 1910
Conditions Governing Access
Archives material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
0.85 Cubic Feet (One bound volume)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the Archives in 2016 with a variety of other materials from the Clerk and Recorders Office.
28 x 27 x 2 in.
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Roads Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Board of County Commissioners
- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- Colorado -- Jefferson County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Administrative decisions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- Location -- Jefferson County (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Recording (Organization)
- Language of description
- Script of description