Book of Town Plats, 1867-1882
Scope and Contents
Book of original plats of towns and additions in Jefferson County, Colorado Territory, as filed with the County's Clerk and Recorder.
Collection contains plats of: Kinney's Addition to Golden City (1867); Barber's Addition to Golden City (1867); Johnson Addition to Golden City (1868): Bush and Fisher Addition to Golden City (1870); Smith's New Survey of Golden City (1869); Mt. Vernon Town Site (1867); Arvada Town Site (1870); Welch Addition to Golden (1871); Golden City (1868); Booth Addition to the Town of Golden (1873); Mineral Land Company's Addition to Golden (1873); Strouseville (1874); Barber's 2nd Addition to the Town of Golden (1874); J.T. Holt's Block (1874); Golden Cemetery (1874); Morrison (1874): Berthoud's Addition to Golden (1874); Golden Park Addition (1874); Barber's Addition (undated); Clark's Garden Addition to the City of Golden (1879); Plat of the Town of Buffalo (1881); Lake Side (1882).
The hand-drawn plats include the plat, dedication, notary statement, and descriptions of blocks, lots, alleys and streets. They show streets with original street names, ditches and other water, and railways. Each plat in the collection is 18 x 23 in. and encapsulated in mylar.
- Recorded: 1867-1882
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
0.24 Cubic Feet (One post-bound book of encapsulated maps)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the Archives in 2016 by the Jefferson County Clerk and Recorder's Office.
Existence and Location of Copies
Digital copies are available in our Digital Collections site.
All plats are encased in Mylar in a post-bound volume.
Processed and digitized by Ronda Frazier, September, 2022
- Arvada (Colo.) -- Plats (maps)
- Buffalo (Colo.) -- Plats (maps)
- Colorado -- maps Subject Source: Local sources
- Golden (Colo.) -- Plats (maps)
- Golden Cemetery (Golden, Colo.) -- Plats (maps)
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morrison (Colo.) -- Plats (maps)
- Morrison (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Recording (Donor, Organization)
- Language of description
- Script of description