Ditch Companies Photograph Album, 1908-1909
Album containing black and white photographs of ditches, laterals, flumes, etc. throughout Jefferson County, Colorado. The photos are accompanied by detailed descriptions listing what is being photographed; Folio number; Ditch name; Subject; Which direction the photo is looking; Decree number(s); Decree date(s); Date photo taken; Name of photographer; and Name of witness. The witnesses can often be seen holding up signage in the photos.
There are no Folio numbers 594-595, 618-619, or 624-627.
Photographs taken by: C.C. Schrontz and L.R. Smith. Witness: J.A. Greig.
Wadsworth Ditch; Lee and Baugh; South Side; Brown Island; Ouelette; Wannemaker Ditch; Sherick; Lee's Island; Farmers' High Line Canal; Cort, Graves; Hughes; Kershaw Ditch; Clough; Couch Ditch; Swadley Ditch; Lee Ditch; Miles and Eskins Ditch; Fisher; Graves Ditch; Clear Creek and Platte River; Colorado Agricultural Ditch; Rocky Mountain Ditch; Sayer; Sanderson; Slater; Wolff; Lee, Stewart and Eskins; Boyds; Bluff; Slater and Moody; Rhodes; Court; Lane: Golden City Ditch; Ralston Creek; Brown and Baugh; Reno and Juchem; Golden; Page; Agricultural Ditch; Risdon Ditch; Edwards Ditch; James East Ditch; James West Ditch
- Schrontz, Chalmers Clinton, 1875-1957 (Photographer, Person)
- Smith, L.R. (Photographer, Person)
- Greig, J.A. (Witness, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
Biographical / Historical
Chalmers C. Schrontz, one of the photographers, was an irrigation civil engineer in Denver.
0.30 Cubic Feet (One F15 flat box)
Language of Materials
Ditch Companies Photograph Album contains black and white photographs of ditches, laterals, flumes, etc. and their descriptions for water sources throughout Jefferson County, Colorado.
Purchased by the donor on July 2, 2010, from the Arvada Branch of the Jefferson County Public Libraries for $3.50.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the Archives by Matthew Ramos January 24, 2023. Deed of Gift signed.
Processed and scanned by Ronda Frazier, February 2023. Available in digital collections site.
- Agricultural Ditch and Reservoir Company
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ditches -- Colorado -- Jefferson County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farmers' High Line Canal and Reservoir Company (Colo.)
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- Colorado -- Jefferson County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Water supply -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description