County Surveyor Field Survey Notes, 1875-1877, 1915
Scope and Contents
This collection contains the original field survey book of Jefferson County, Colorado Surveyor Edward L. Berthoud, dated 1875-1877. The book of handwritten and hand-drawn field surveys is labeled "Private, Surveys of Roads, Mining Claims and Land, 1875-1877" and contains surveys of county roads, mineral/mining claims, railroad rights-of-way and boundaries. Collection includes a photocopy and transcription of the original book.
The field notes of Jefferson County Surveyor Irving B. Williams from 1915 are typewritten and labeled "Field Notes of Section 1, Township 5 South, Range 72 West" which is the Bear Creek area at the line between Jefferson and Clear Creek Counties.
- Berthoud, Edward L. (Surveyor, Person)
- Williams, Irving B. (Surveyor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
0.25 Cubic Feet (One slim document box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Edward L. Berthoud's survey notebook was transferred to the archives in 1999 by the Jefferson County Public Library. Irving Williams' field notes were found in the archives with no documentation.
Processed by Ronda Frazier in 2012.
- Field notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Land surveys Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mining claims -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Land surveys Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- Right of way -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Land surveys Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Surveys -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Field notes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Jefferson County Archives Repository
3500 Illinois Street
Golden CO 80401 United States