Abstract of Land Entries, 1863-1915
Scope and Contents
Abstract of land entries for lands held in Jefferson County, Colorado with a few entries for Park and Douglas Counties. Land entries are the transactions that transfer public lands from the United States to private ownership. Arranged by section, township and range. Lists number of acres, name of entryman, date of proof, and any remarks or notes. Notes document mineral land, state land, patents, state patents, and at least one cemetery. While it is not known when this book was created or how it was used, the earliest date of proof shown is 1863; the latest is 1915.
- Record Keeping: 1863-1915
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
0.20 Cubic Feet (One bound volume)
Language of Materials
Arranged by section, township and range.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the Archives in 2010 by the Clerk and Recorder.
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Land grants -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Registers (Lists) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Property records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Public land sales -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Registers (Lists) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property -- Jefferson County (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Record books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Jefferson County Archives Repository
3500 Illinois Street
Golden CO 80401 United States