Atlas of Colorado, 1951-1967
Scope and Contents
"Atlas of Colorado" is a post-bound folder containing general highway maps of each county in Colorado with the exception of Denver County. Prepared by the Department of Highways, State of Colorado, Planning and Research Division in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Bureau of Public Roads. Original maps dated 1951-1966 with State Highway and County Road System revisions dated 1967. Folder also contains a 1965 Traffic Volume Map of the Colorado State Highway system showing annual average daily traffic with enlarged insets showing congested areas.
- Colorado. Department of Highways. Planning and Research Division (Organization)
- United States. Federal Highway Administration (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
0.49 Cubic Feet (1 post-bound folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the Archives by C.R. Spielman in 2009.
Existence and Location of Copies
Denver Public Library
Materials Specific Details
Some maps have relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Supplemental sheets show sections of counties in greater detail. Inset maps of towns at various scales on some county maps. County base maps [ca. 1:100,000]; supplemental county maps [ca. 1:15,625].
- Colorado -- Road maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado -- Traffic surveys Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Road maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- Colorado -- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description