District Court Docket Books, 1861-1935
Scope and Contents
A docket is the official summary of proceedings in a court of law. These docket books list cases heard in the 1st Judicial District Court in Jefferson County, Colorado. They contain a brief summary of the court proceedings in criminal and civil cases with entries listing case number, date, names of parties, names of attorneys, cause of action and order of the court.
- Record Keeping: 1861-1935
- Colorado. District Court (1st Judicial District) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
2.64 Cubic Feet (13 Bound Volumes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Ten of the dockets were transferred to the Archives by the Clerk and Recorder's Office in 1998. Three others were transferred to the Archives by the Colorado State Archives in 2015.
Processed by Ronda Frazier in 2015.
- Court proceedings -- Dockets Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dockets Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder (Organization)
- Colorado. State Archives (Organization)
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Jefferson County Archives Repository
3500 Illinois Street
Golden CO 80401 United States