IT Services Scrapbooks and Memorabilia, 1967-1995
Scope and Contents
Two scrapbook albums containing copies of news clippings, Board of County Commissioners' minutes, correspondence and various types of reports documenting the history of the Jefferson County Data Processing Department (created in 1968) and its first computer system (purchased in 1969). Folders 1-10 are all from one album, folder 11 contains copies of the second album's pages. Full run (4 issues) of "MIS...cellaneous," a newsletter produced by the Management Information Systems Department in 1994 and 1995.
- Record Keeping: 1967-1995
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
0.25 Cubic Feet (One slim document box (Two disassembled scrapbook albums))
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Two scrapbook albums of clippings and information regarding the County's first computer system. Received from Jan Ferdinandsen, IT Services, during the department's move from the Administration and Courts Bldg. to the Laramie Bldg. in early 2010. The copies of the "MIS…cellaneous" newsletter was added to the collection in 2013.
Albums were disassembled and all newspaper clippings were photocopied for preservation purposes.
- Computers -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- History -- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Data processing -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- History -- scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newspaper clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Information Technology Services (Organization)
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Jefferson County Archives Repository
3500 Illinois Street
Golden CO 80401 United States