Marjorie E. Clement Papers, 1975-1983
Scope and Contents
Personal papers of Jefferson County Commissioner Marjorie E. "Bunny" Clement, Commissioner from 1981-1993. Collection contains: Certificate of Membership in the Lakewood Historical Society; Certificate of Election for the Office of Committeewoman of the Republican Party, Precinct 6312; and Oath of Office for County Commissioner.
- Clement, Marjorie E. (Bunny), 1922-2004 (Associated name, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
Biographical / Historical
Marjorie Clement was appointed District 2 Commissioner in December 1981 to succeed her deceased husband, Robert F. Clement, and subsequently was elected three times. Prior to her appointment, Clement, a Denver native born in 1922, served as a member of the Jefferson County Historical Commission, was an active member of the Jefferson County Historical Society, and was Chief Monitor of the Westernaires riding organization from 1970 to 1977. Commissioner Clement was particularly supportive of the County’s Open Space acquisition and park development program, development of the County’s Government Center, and expansion of the County Library system. She was active in the Denver Regional Council of Governments, the National Association of Counties, and was the first Jefferson County Commissioner to be president of Colorado Counties, Inc. In her later years she lived in Elizabeth, Colorado. Marjorie Clement died in 2004.
0.10 Cubic Feet (1 Small Collection Envelope)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the Archives by Angie D'Aurio, from the estate of Bunny Clement. No transfer memo was found. Formally acessioned in 2010. Date received was listed in an accession log but collection was not accessioned at that time.
- Commissioners (government officials) -- Jefferson County (Colo.) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- County government -- Officials and employees -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Officials and employees -- Oaths Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Board of County Commissioners -- History
- Language of description
- Script of description