Jefferson County School District Census Lists, 1894-1949
Scope and Contents
This collection contains school census lists for District 1 (Golden) for the following school years: 1894-1895, 1896-1904, 1906-1907, 1909-1911, 1913-1928, 1931-1933, and 1935-1949. Missing are 1895-1896, 1904-1906, 1907-1909, 1911-1913, 1928-1931, 1933-1935, 1937-1938.
District 13 (Rockland) encompases school years 1909-1918 giving names, ages, and residences of students in the Mt. Vernon, Lookout Mountain area.
District 18 (Pine/Estabrook) encompasses school years 1936-1947.
District 23 (Lothrop) encompasses 1927-1949.
The only census list for District 48 (Daniels) is for the school year 1945-1946.
School census lists record the following information: Name, Place of Birth, Date of Birth, School Grade Last Attended, Nativity of Parents, and Residence. This is different for the District 1 (Golden) census lists for the years 1895-1919, which only record name, age, and residence. In the back of all books is a summary of the information collected, and an oath to which the person completing the census filled out to swear that all information recorded was accurate.
- Record Keeping: 1894-1949
- Jefferson County Public Schools. (Jefferson County, Colo.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Federal law regarding personal census information about an individual requires that such information not be released until 72 years after it was collected. Jefferson County Archives will follow federal law regarding the release of census information.
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
2.25 Cubic Feet (Five document boxes)
Language of Materials
School census lists for the following Jefferson County, Colorado, Public School districts: District 1 (Golden), District 13 (Rockland), District 18 (Pine/Estabrook), District 23 (Lothrop), and District 48 (Daniels).
Arranged first by district number, then by school year of census taken.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the Archives by the Jefferson County Clerk and Recorder, Recording Dept., in October, 1998. Earlier provenance unknown.
Processed by Matthew Prythero in September, 2011. Revised by Ronda Frazier in May, 2022.
- Census records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School census -- Jefferson County (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School districts -- Colorado -- Jefferson County Subject Source: Local sources
- School districts -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Records (Documents) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students -- Golden (Colo.) -- Census records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Census records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Recording (Organization)
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Jefferson County Archives Repository
3500 Illinois Street
Golden CO 80401 United States