Road Record Book 1-A, 1883-1923
Scope and Contents
The Road Record book contains the official recording of road petitions and road viewers' reports for the creation of streets and roads in Jefferson County. Includes an index of petitions and view reports by location (township and range). The first section of the book contains the written text of the road petition, a drawing showing the proposed road's location in section, township and range, the names of petitioners and any actions taken by the Board of County Commissioners. The second section of the book contains the viewers' report with drawing, names of land owners who would be affected by the laying of the proposed road, cost of opening the road, and any actions taken by the Board of County Commissioners. Indexed by the Foothills Genealogical Society.
- Record Keeping: 1883-1923
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
0.20 Cubic Feet (One bound volume)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the Archives by the Clerk and Recorder's Recording Dept. in 2011.
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Board of County Commissioners -- Administrative decisions
- Roads -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Administrative decisions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- Location -- Jefferson County (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Recording (Organization)
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Jefferson County Archives Repository
3500 Illinois Street
Golden CO 80401 United States