Property Ownership Books, 1905-1954
Scope and Contents
Bound volumes showing ownership of subdivided land (called "Block Books") and ownership of unsubdivided land (called "Land Books") in Jefferson County, Colorado for various years.
Block Books (1909-1919) indicate assessed value of land, assessed value of improvements, and schedule number of the owner. The schedule number begins with the first letter of the owner's last name and can be looked up in the Assessment Rolls and Tax Lists for the same year to determine the name of the owner. Block Books (1934-1954) indicate name of owner as well as schedule number and assessed value of land and improvements to land.
Land Books (1905-1909) include maps of each township or section showing the boundaries of unsubdivided parcels of land. Land books indicate name of owner. The 1909 book indicates schedule number of the owner and assessed value of land and improvements to land.
- Record Keeping: 1905-1954 (Gaps)
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Assessor (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
4.00 Cubic Feet (13 Volumes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received in a transfer of various records from the Assessor's Office in 1998.
Processed by Ronda Frazier in 2012.
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Landowner -- Jefferson County (Colo.)
- Property records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Real property -- Jefferson County (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property -- Ownership -- Jefferson County (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tax assessment -- Jefferson County (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Jefferson County Archives Repository
3500 Illinois Street
Golden CO 80401 United States