Grantor/Grantee Name Index to Recorded Documents, 1860-1900
Scope and Contents
This set of books lists all recorded transfers of title by deed or other document affecting title. They are lists of real property transfers maintained in alphabetical order by the last name of the parties transferring the property. The Grantor Index is alphabetized by seller (grantor) while the Grantee Index is alphabetized by purchaser (grantee). Transfers are not listed in strict alphabetical order, but are placed chronologically in a letter index corresponding to the first letter of the party's last name. In addition to seller and buyer names, each entry lists the location of the property and the volume and page number where the full text of the deed or other recorded instrument describing the transfer may be found.
Volumes 1-6 (1862-1900) only. The remainder of the indexes remain with the Recorder's office.
Item No. 06 on Clerk and Recorder's retention schedule.
- Record Keeping: 1860-1900
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Recording (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
5.02 Cubic Feet (12 Bound Volumes and one small collection envelope)
Language of Materials
Index by name of grantors and grantees for recorded real estate documents.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the Archives in 1998 and 2010 by the Clerk and Recorder, Recording office.
Books have been cut for microfilming.
Processed by Ronda Frazier in 2015.
- Indexes (reference sources) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property -- Jefferson County (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property -- Ownership -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Indexes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description