Local Draft Board WWI Inductions, 1918
Scope and Contents
Correspondence and telegrams between the Provost Marshall of Colorado and the Local Board for Jefferson County regarding allotments, calls for volunteers, induction lists, instructions and train schedules for movement of men to various military training camps during World War I. Induction lists include serviceman's name, order and serial numbers, home address, and name of camp entrained to during the war. These lists are not records of the men who registered in Jefferson County for the WWI draft, nor are they lists of every man from the county who served in WWI. They are only lists of the men that Jefferson County was responsible for sending to US military camps as part of Colorado's federally-mandated quota for men to provide for federal military service.
- Record Keeping: 1918
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
0.18 Cubic Feet (One slim letter-sized document box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the Archives by the Clerk and Recorder's office in 1998.
Processed by Ronda Frazier in 2017.
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Local Draft Board -- orders (military records)
- United States. Army -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- draft -- orders (military records) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Recording (Organization)
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Jefferson County Archives Repository
3500 Illinois Street
Golden CO 80401 United States