Golden-Littleton Irrigation District Files, 1908-1915
Scope and Contents
Collection contains petition for organization; meeting minutes of the Board of County Commissioners regarding organization; election notices and results; bonds and oaths of directors; petitions for land exclusion; and dissolution papers.
- Record Keeping: 1908-1915
- Golden-Littleton Irrigation District (Colo.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Archives collection material is non-circulating, requires staff retrieval and is available for use by appointment in the reading room.
Biographical / Historical
In 1908, landowners with water rights in the Agricultural and Welch ditches voted in favor of forming a new irrigation district to be known as the Golden-Littleton Irrigation District. The district would be comprised of all land lying between West Colfax Ave. and Bear Creek, and Denver and the foothills. Promoters planned to bring the water of Williams Fork of the Grand river on the western slope through the continental divide by means of a three mile long tunnel and then into the Clear Creek watershed. The district was dissolved in 1915.
0.25 Cubic Feet (One slim letter-sized document box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These records were received by the Archives in 1998 in a large transfer of many types of records from the Clerk and Recorder's office.
Processed by Ronda Frazier in 2018.
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Board of County Commissioners -- Minutes (Records)
- Special districts -- Colorado Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Special districts -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Records (documents) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Water districts -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Records (documents) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Water supply -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Jefferson County Archives Repository
3500 Illinois Street
Golden CO 80401 United States