Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 130
These memoirs, written by Sarah Ann Baker at age 85, document her childhood and her family's overland journey from Illinois to Kansas Territory and then on to Colorado Territory in the 1860s. This unpublished manuscript begins with Baker's first recollection of being lovingly held by her grandfather and continues throughout her childhood until her marriage to Frank Baker at age 19. It was edited and prefaced by her daughter, Helen Baker Reynolds.
Photocopy of a hand-written docket book of Probate Judges William Train Muir and Jonas M. Johnson containing settlement of estates, recording of marriages, and a few other miscellaneous legal matters. Photocopy only - original docket book is held at the Colorado State Archives.
Tax appraisal cards for residential and non-current commercial properties in Jefferson County, Colorado. Appraisal card may include a description of property and improvements, photograph, footprint drawing with measurements and dates of additions to the building, previous owner or owners' names, and record of assessed value. Photographs include cabins, barns, and possibly sometimes houses and commerical buildings that have since been demolished, moved or have burned down.
Case files containing foreclosure documents created and received in relation to the forced sale of property pledged as security for a debt that is in default.
The Public Trustee's Register of Foreclosures lists name of property owner (grantor); date of deed; date the Demand for Sale was filed with the Trustee; newspapers the Notice of Sale was published in; date the property was sold; name of purchaser; dollar amount the property sold for; legal description of property; and Public Trustee's Certificate of Purchase.
Railroad Aid Bonds issued by Jefferson County to raise funds to give financial assistance to railroads. Bonds to aid in construction of the Colorado Central Railroad were issued Jun 1, 1868, due in 1883, with 8% interest. Total issue $100,000. Cancelled bond certificates have 5¢ or 50¢ revenue stamps affixed. Bonds for construction of the Golden City and South Platte Railway and Telegraph Company were issued Mar 18, 1873, due in 1893, with 8% interest. Total issue $50,000.
Reprint of HB 48 that established the office of Public Trustee in each county of the State of Colorado in 1894. This reprint was created by the Colorado Public Trustees' Association in 1994 to commemorate the Centennial of Colorado Public Trustees. Tri-folded and wrapped with a red satin ribbon.
Hand-written and typed transcript of untitled, unpublished manuscript about Golden's various industries. Primarily the development of the smelting, brick, and paper industries in Golden, and especially the Adolph Coors Brewing Company.
Manuscript of an article about the location of early pioneer Alden Mowry's homestead. The homestead, near Bear Creek in Lakewood, Colorado, became known as the Pennsylvania House, a stage stop on the Bradford Road. Article was published in the 2009 issue of Historically Jeffco magazine.
This research project is about historic Rockland Cemetery, and the historic and cultural connection that the interred of this cemetery have to the development of Upper Mount Vernon Canyon, Colorado.
Contains biographical information for: Jacob Blum, Katherine Lee Craig, Elsie Cherry Lee Darling, Abraham Hartzell, William J. McCoy, Nancy J. McCoy, John McCoy, Lucian Hunter Ralston, and Lucian McKee Ralston.
Subdivision plats showing legal descriptions of planned development; tracts; lots; streets and roads; easements; boundaries; private roads and drives; and some addresses for parcels of land in Jefferson County.
Daily record of activities of the County Superintendent of Schools. Includes notes about visits to schools, tiime spent in the office and various meetings attended.
The Equine Impact: The Economic Power of the Horse Community, by Polly Hearn and Peggy Hunnicutt, 1991
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Genealogy 30
- Photographs 13
- Maps 12
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- History 11
- Property records 8
- Real property -- Ownership -- Jefferson County (Colo.) 8
- Reports 7
- County government -- Jefferson County (Colo.) 5
- Real property -- Jefferson County (Colo.) 5
- Record books 5
- School districts -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Records (Documents) 5
- Account books 4
- Cadastral maps 4
- Correspondence 4
- Dockets 4
- Elections -- Colorado -- Jefferson County -- History 4
- Indexes 4
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- aerial photographs 4
- Minutes (administrative records) 4
- Newspaper clippings 4 ∧ less
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Recording 21
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Board of County Commissioners 20
- Jefferson County (Colo.) 13
- Jefferson County Historical Commission (Colo.) 9
- Jefferson County Public Library (Colo.) 9
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder 7
- Golden, Colo. Golden Landmarks Association 6
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Assessor 6
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Public Trustee 6
- Jefferson County Public Schools. (Jefferson County, Colo.) 6
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Planning and Zoning Department 5
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Archives 4
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Clerk to the Board 4
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Sheriff's Office 4
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Treasurer 4
- Arvada (Colo.) 3
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Information Technology Services 3
- Berthoud, Edward L. 2
- Chapman, Margaret Taylor 2
- Clement, Marjorie E. (Bunny), 1922-2004 2 ∧ less