Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 138
Documents related to the appointment of Margaret Taylor Chapman to the office of Public Trustee for Jefferson County, Colorado.
Personal papers of Jefferson County Commissioner Marjorie E. "Bunny" Clement, Commissioner from 1981-1993. Collection contains: Certificate of Membership in the Lakewood Historical Society; Certificate of Election for the Office of Committeewoman of the Republican Party, Precinct 6312; and Oath of Office for County Commissioner.
Partial, typed manuscript with editing marks for Mary Helen Crain's book on the history of Evergreen, Colorado, and its pioneer families. Contains acknowledgements, foreword, and chapters 1, 2 and 3. Chapter 4 is incomplete and chapters 5-9 are missing, as is the index. This manuscript was published by Pruett Publishing Company, of Boulder, Colorado, in 1969.
Trailer, motorcycle, replacement licenses, tractor, dealer and aircraft registrations. This record book lists: date of registration; license number; name of owner or dealer; owner's address or dealer's business address; make; manufacturer number; title number; year; fee amount; and tax amount.
Accounting book for the Murphy Coal Company of Golden, Colorado. Formed in 1872, Murphy Coal Company operated a coal mine on Ralston Creek. The daybook lists each day's mining transactions for later transfer to a ledger. It runs from January 31, 1880 to February 1, 1881.
These memoirs, written by Sarah Ann Baker at age 85, document her childhood and her family's overland journey from Illinois to Kansas Territory and then on to Colorado Territory in the 1860s. This unpublished manuscript begins with Baker's first recollection of being lovingly held by her grandfather and continues throughout her childhood until her marriage to Frank Baker at age 19. It was edited and prefaced by her daughter, Helen Baker Reynolds.
Photocopy of a hand-written docket book of Probate Judges William Train Muir and Jonas M. Johnson containing settlement of estates, recording of marriages, and a few other miscellaneous legal matters. Photocopy only - original docket book is held at the Colorado State Archives.
Tax appraisal cards for residential and non-current commercial properties in Jefferson County, Colorado. Appraisal card may include a description of property and improvements, photograph, footprint drawing with measurements and dates of additions to the building, previous owner or owners' names, and record of assessed value. Photographs include cabins, barns, and sometimes houses and commercial buildings that have since been demolished, moved or have burned down.
Case files containing foreclosure documents created and received in relation to the forced sale of property pledged as security for a debt that is in default.
The Public Trustee's Register of Foreclosures lists name of property owner (grantor); date of deed; date the Demand for Sale was filed with the Trustee; newspapers the Notice of Sale was published in; date the property was sold; name of purchaser; dollar amount the property sold for; legal description of property; and Public Trustee's Certificate of Purchase.
Railroad Aid Bonds issued by Jefferson County to raise funds to give financial assistance to railroads. Bonds to aid in construction of the Colorado Central Railroad were issued Jun 1, 1868, due in 1883, with 8% interest. Total issue $100,000. Cancelled bond certificates have 5¢ or 50¢ revenue stamps affixed. Bonds for construction of the Golden City and South Platte Railway and Telegraph Company were issued Mar 18, 1873, due in 1893, with 8% interest. Total issue $50,000.
Hand-written and typed transcript of untitled, unpublished manuscript about Golden's various industries. Primarily the development of the smelting, brick, and paper industries in Golden, and especially the Adolph Coors Brewing Company.
Manuscript of an article about the location of early pioneer Alden Mowry's homestead. The homestead, near Bear Creek in Lakewood, Colorado, became known as the Pennsylvania House, a stage stop on the Bradford Road. Article was published in the 2009 issue of Historically Jeffco magazine.
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Genealogy 30
- Photographs 13
- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- History 12
- Maps 12
- Property records 8
- Real property -- Ownership -- Jefferson County (Colo.) 8
- Reports 7
- Minutes (administrative records) 6
- Record books 6
- Account books 5
- County government -- Jefferson County (Colo.) 5
- Minute books 5
- Real property -- Jefferson County (Colo.) 5
- Real property -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Maps 5
- School districts -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- Records (Documents) 5
- Water supply -- Jefferson County (Colo.) -- History 5
- Annual reports 4
- Cadastral maps 4
- Correspondence 4
- Dockets 4 + ∧ less
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Recording 23
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Board of County Commissioners 21
- Jefferson County (Colo.) 13
- Jefferson County Public Library (Colo.) 10
- Jefferson County Historical Commission (Colo.) 9
- Jefferson County Public Schools. (Jefferson County, Colo.) 8
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder 7
- Golden, Colo. Golden Landmarks Association 6
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Assessor 6
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Public Trustee 6
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Planning and Zoning Department 5
- Arvada (Colo.) 4
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Archives 4
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Clerk and Recorder. Clerk to the Board 4
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Sheriff's Office 4
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Treasurer 4
- Ramos, Matthew 4
- Colorado State University. Extension 3
- Jefferson County (Colo.). Information Technology Services 3
- Morrison (Colo.) 3 + ∧ less